Hey, There

I was on Pinterest for about half an hour researching "How to Write Your First Blog Post", while my son played drums with forks on my leather sofa. I had no idea this was going on until he stopped to do something else and I wondered,  Where the hell did my background music go?

So, I'm sitting back at my desk (after hiding away all the forks), typing this. I just closed all the Pinterest and Google search tabs... so it's about to get REAL.

Hello!

Welcome to my blog.


Photo by Laura Kapfer | Unsplash.com

I don't want this blog to be about the number of subscribers or how much money I can make off of it (although, that would be nice). I want this to be real. Which is why I decided not to follow so-and-so's formula on how to write the perfect blog post.

And maybe, down the line, that will hurt my page views. But, I want a place on the internet that's a genuine part of me.

I've had blogs before because I love to write. And three months into the blogs, I quit. I delete all the posts and shut it down. Not too long ago, I realized it was because I got caught up in marketing the blog, constantly updating the theme for aesthetic purposes, and following a blog-post-formula every time I posted to ensure that it was "search-engine-optimized".

And yeah, I know. That stuff does matter, but not as much as the craft of writing and the pleasure of reading.

That's what this is about. 

As the author of this blog, I'm going to make a few promises to you. You can totally call me out whenever necessary (I thrive on accountability and constructive criticism).

  • I promise to only write and publish posts when I am inspired by God Almighty himself and not because some calendar or to-do list told me to. 
  • I promise to be genuine in my opinions. I'm not going to favor something if I don't like it, even if its mainstream. When you read my posts, I want you to be like, "Wow. She's really genuine." (I imagine you'll be making this face).
    via GIPHY
  • I promise to not pretend like I'm some writing guru goddess. I'm not. I'm just writing my experience, what worked for me, and what I enjoyed reading. 
That's about it.
 
(I'm about to say something very cheesy. Brace yourself.)


So, read on, dear reader...
And join me as I go on this epic, wonder-filled

Book Jaunt


Jaunt
[jawnt,  jahnt]
noun
1. a short journey, especially one taken for pleasure



Comments